Combined Counties Division One - Saturday 30th October 2010
2-2 Warlingham

In a match that Farnham wanted to claim all three points, after being 2-0 down within 25 minutes, at half time they would have taken one point and thanks to a lively second half fight back, that is what they duly got. But if Farnham are serious about competing at the top of the Division through until May, they need to start games a lot faster, especially as other teams are going to come to The Memorial Ground and want to beat them.

Firstly after fifteen minutes, a ball not dealt with by left back Liam Flanighan and a mix up with goalkeeper Brock, who came rushing from his goal was despatched into the home net by the Warlingham striker to the delight of the away bench. If that wasn’t bad enough things soon got much worse for Farnham as Ben Williams failed to clear properly on what is now seeming to be a very heavy and bobbling pitch at Farnham, and will continue to get worse throughout Winter, as his clearance only found itself to the feet of the other Warlingham striker who beat Brock with a sweet finish from the edge of the area. Cue the Farnham fightback. Despite better possession Farnham couldn’t find the net before half time although they did keep the ball better and looked like if they got one goal, then they might go on and recover from their awful start.

The second half began in the same manner, with Farnham pressing harder and in better areas, and it was only a matter of time before they struck back. The scorer of the goal although wasn’t as obvious. Centre back Ben Williams, who scored a brace against Headley in the cup earlier in the month popped up with a snap shot after Warlingham had failed to clear a corner and after being deflected off a Warlingham defender it found the back of the net and Farnham were well and truly back in the match. Warlingham, for the first time in the match looked a little shaky and the heavy pitch seemed to be taking its toll on the players.

Step up top goal scorer Mark Corbett to deflect Ben Williams cross into the back of the net within the six yard box, Corbett again in the right place at the right time to equalise with little over ten minutes to go.

Despite Farnham pushing for another goal and what would surely be the winner in the same manner they did a week previously at Cobham, no further goals were scored and both teams took home a point each.

FTFC: Brock, Flanighan, Williams, Wilson, Webb, Dillon, Tuck (Fisk), French, Bunyan, Ferris (Whiddett), Corbett. Subs Used: Wareham, Horner, Barnes.

Goals: Williams 60, Corbett 78